image1 image2

HELLO AMIGO|YOU'RE AWESOME|YOU'RE A PARTY|YOU'RE THE BEST

The Best Year Yet



A lot of people like to make 'New Year's Resolutions.' Most years, I make them; and most years, I fail to keep them. This year, instead of making resolutions, I am making aspirations. This is for two reasons:

1. Because Oxford defines an aspiration as "a hope or ambition of achieving something," and that is pretty much what this is- my hopes for the coming year.

2. Because resolutions are just too mainstream, and I like to keep it original.

So, my 'New Year's Aspirations' are as follows:

1. To be more 'me' than ever before. Sometimes, I struggle to let go and be fully me. This year, I want to be as 'me' as I possibly can be. I want to aspire to doing me and not worry about what others think.

2. To stretch myself and grow my talents. I feel that over the past few months, my talents have grown so much more than I even would have thought possible. It's so exciting for me, and I can't wait for it to happen again. It takes a lot of intentionality. Here's hoping that I don't get lazy. I want to aspire to growing like crazy.

3. To make as many people want to dance as possible. Sometimes, I have moments where I get so happy that I just want to dance. I want other people to have moments like that. This year, I want to aspire to making that happen for people.

Here's to the best year yet! 

"I am sprinting toward the only goal that counts: to cross the line, to win the prize, and to hear God's call to resurrection life found exclusively in Jesus the Anointed." Philippians 3:14, The Voice

What are your New Year's Aspirations? Do you usually reach your goals? Feel free to share in the comments!

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments :